Saturday, September 29, 2012
It's time for another episode of Books That Didn't Hook Me. Where I feature books I didn't finish or just didn't like for any particular reason. Today's singular spotlight is....

*A Temptation of Angels by Michelle Zink*
A Temptation of Angels
Published: 3.20.12 by Dial
ADD ON GOODREADS

How do I put this nicely? I. DIDN'T. FINISH. THIS. BOOK.

So I got my hands on this book, and having enjoyed Prophecy of the Sisters, I was hoping for a new enjoying take on Angels. But one of the things I quickly found out was how INFORMATIVE Zink was. There were a few parts I felt like I was drowning in description and when Helen was basically saying the SAME thing over again, but with different words. Like she came to the same conclusion three times in a row.

Not to mention that this book was told in 3rd person. I don't like 3rd person very much because I don't get into the head of the characters as well and I can't feel that emotional connection to the romance, and the plot. I didn't get that with Helen. She was boring. Oh and I should mention this book is full of cliche. It's in the beginning, it's in the romance it's the book. It wasn't horrible. It was and interesting plot take and angel theory. Don't get me wrong. I'm sure I could have enjoyed it if I didn't get myself distracted with a bunch of other books. But I did, and after that I just didn't have the heart to go back and finish it.

I'm sad, because I felt like this book had potential. 432 pages worth of potential! Sadly it just didn't make the cut-off. But it is a clean read.
http://images.wikia.com/nation/images/2/20/1_star.png
1 Star

Have you read this? Do you want to? Did my review change the way you think of this book? Are you still interested? I'd love to hear your thoughts! XOXO,


6 comments:

  1. I put down a book recently too--twenty pages from the end. It was an average read, but it wasn't interesting enough to justify me reaching the end.

    Good luck with reading the next book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be interested to know what book that was! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I read A Temptation of Angles and I really liked it.
    Though I understand what you mean about getting distracted by other books. I was reading a book and then put it down to read a long awaited new release. I have yet to pick the book back up. Even though it was actually pretty good. I just couldn't get back into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you Liked it better than I did! :D It's very common.

      Delete
  3. I loved the first Prophecy of the Sisters novel but was very letdown by the sequels so I avoided this one-it seems like my reading preferences don't quite overlap with the stories Zink writes so I avoided this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. :D Shame when that happens. Authors are supposed to get better, not worse.

      Delete

Heyo! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I love to hear from my awesome-sauce blog readers. You just made my day! I try to reply to every comment I get so if you have a question check back later! Or just link me up to your blog (if you have one) and I'll visit you! Have a Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day! <333 Inky

Search Me:


Follow on Bloglovin
Powered by Blogger.

Grab My Button!

Photobucket

The Archives:

Total Pageviews